Monday, March 25, 2013

It's not my fault! (Paula's post)

Travel tip #7 from Paula - when all else fails blame the weather!! For the record, I did not give Martha my cold ... However, we're now both doing our part to keep the Kleenex company in business! We're having a lovely Jammie evening eating chips and drinking coke - and of course watching the soaps.

Our tour this morning was quite something. I'm such a smart sister! My favourite tour company Sunburst came through again! Nothing quite like a private tour! Our guide Jessica and our driver Mr. Chang were marvellous.

The reconstructed 'traditional house village' was located between two of the Joseon dynasty palaces and it is where the noblemen would have lived. Just beautiful. The house where we had tea and made kimchi was 70 years old and had the tiniest kitchen I have ever seen! I will never complain again. The kimchi refrigerator and the regular fridge were both in the front hall. It was so much fun dressing my sister up in play clothes! Haven't done that in years!

After lunch we headed out to wander the streets. Found all kinds of interesting things. I'm particularly loving the street food vendors. Some set up tents with little stools inside so you can eat out of the cold. I tried to convince Martha that squid was particularly good for colds but she wouldn't buy it.

My bed is covered in maps and guide books at the moment as we try and decide how to spend our last few days in Seoul. There are just too many choices so we may just go back to a few of our favourite places. We had to buy a new card for the camera 'cause we filled the first one up. Suggest you all start working on your excuses for missing the three hour slide show!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.